Our client has an exciting opportunity available for a qualified B2B eCommerce Systems Analyst to join the Emerging Technologies team. The individual in this role will be responsible for specification, implementation, deployment, and support phases of introducing a new B2B eCommerce web platform. The long term focus of this position will be on becoming the primary liaison to the business units regarding all activities related to the global B2B eCommerce solution, as well as complementing the Emerging Technologies team in other initiatives through functional contributions and software development.
• Under the direction from the Emerging Technologies Team Lead, configures, modifies, or develops software to meet business requirements.
• Assists business users with all technical and functional aspects of supporting the B2B eCommerce solution; including, but not limited to: page template design, interactive content development, data analysis and report creation, maintenance of interfaces with the ERP system, and integration with other supporting systems.
• Creates clear functional and technical specifications to effectively communicate all aspects of software solutions to both the business customers and the development team.
• Constructs and executes test plans for software modifications and facilitates deployments into production.
• Participates in problem solving activities related to software application performance.
• Maintains awareness of current technologies and trends in web development; assimilates new technology into company work environment; advances technical and business proficiency through a formal education process and work assignments.
• Uses IS standards, methods, and processes to complete project tasks; assists in developing standards, methods, and processes as required.
• Participates and supports disaster recovery initiatives and change management standards and procedures.
• Interacts in a cross-team capacity to meet customer and organizational needs.
• Provide on-call support
• Performs duties consistent with the company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
• Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
• Bachelor degree in Information Systems or Computer Science is required
• Experience supporting a major global eCommerce platform from technical and functional perspective is required
• Working experience in web-based software development with ASP.NET is required (including Web Services, XML, Data Access Layer, Ajax, CSS and HTML)
• Knowledge of SQL language and experience with MS SQL Server, or Oracle is a plus
• Ability to read SAP ABAP code is a plus
• Strong organization, prioritization, and problem solving skills
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Ability to operate independently or as part of a team